Onsite backups move data to local storage area network (SAN) devices creating data redundancy in each data center. In addition, IntelliData utilizes offsite backups. Offsite backups involve the use of an offsite location as a means of securing data in the event of a disaster. IntelliData’s multiple data centers replicate data between each data center providing secured data backups (redundancy) between each data center so to ensure data integrity in the event of a disaster at any given data center. Offsite data backup works by first encrypting the data, then compressing and transmitting it to our data centers. This data can then be accessed in the event of an emergency by using either the Internet or another data restore line.
Advantages of offsite data backup include:
- Client data is protected in the event of a disaster
- Backup operations performed automatically – leaving more time for more productive tasks
- Back up operations performed incrementally every few hours and daily to allow data restore at specific times of day and not just restore from a point to far away from the date of restore
- Cross-platform backups; meaning backups performed regardless of the which operating system used
- Added security of data-encrypted network connections